Are you an energy enthusiast? Do you have the desire to change the world? Are you looking to showcase your innovative ideas in energy efficiency? Then this is your opportunity to submit your idea for a chance to win!
Energy efficiency ideas are invited from the following applicable categories:
• Information Technology
• Manufacturing & Processing
• Energy Efficiency
• Renewable energy
• Monitoring & Control
• Environmental Management
1. Register your team and idea on the form below for participation by 10th August 2018.
2. Ideas will be shortlisted by 14th August 2018 and the qualifying teams notified.
3. Qualified teams will then be required to submit a concept paper with the idea in detail as well as projected financials by 28th August 2018.
4. Shortlisted teams will prepare a prototype, computer simulation or model for showcasing to the judges during the World Energy Day Conference from 25th to 26th October 2018.
5. Proceeding teams will be guided on how to make powerful presentations during the conference.
• 3 months internship
• Incubation of ideas and commercialization
• Shopping vouchers
• Holiday experience
• Cash prizes
• Projects will be assessed based on innovativeness, originality, social impact as well as economic viability in Kenya
• Participants must be students in university or college pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma
• The team should have 1-3 team members and can have team members from diverse backgrounds e.g. engineering, computer programmes, marketing related courses etc.
Social Media Activity
Every Wednesday 11AM-12.00PM, we will be engaging with young people countrywide on their project ideas and on our theme. Our hashtag on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram will be #WEDStudentChallenge2018.Be sure to participate, as it increases your chances of being considered for the innovation challenge!